We're pretty new to the blogging scene, and we're just ASTOUNDED at how much love you sweet peaches have shown us. We've been live for about 3 months now, and wanted to take a sec to tell y'all a little more about the 2 goofy gals behind A Whimsy Wonderland!
Fair warning: y'all might find us super weird after this. Whatevs.
SOME THANGS ABOUT CORTNEY:
- I have to have my food piping hot when I eat it. Like, nothing lukewarm will do. I have to nuke it if it's not going to burn my mouth.
- I've always had the desire to do something in the styling/creative realm. As a little girl, I used to cut my Barbie's outfits and mis-match the pieces I cut. I also used to paint my dog's toenails, style her "hair" (aka ears), and re-purpose my old clothes to make outfits for them. How I was never bitten, I literally don't know. Anywho, I've found my purpose with blogging, and no longer making my pets wear clothes.
- I weirdly like trap music. Like, I have such a crush on Lil Wayne. Weird as all get out, I know. Can't help it though.
- I'm a chronic over-thinker, and worry about the smallest things. Like, did I say that in the wrong tone? I said "lol" instead of "haha", so what are they going to think? Did I put on enough deodorant this morning? Stuff like that. ;)
- I know I already said something about food, but food iz lyfe. I'm the slowest eater ever. Ask my husband or Jenna. It takes me 30 minutes to eat a piece of pizza. Because I eat the toppings first, then the cheese, then the bread. I started this when I had braces and literally couldn't bite into anything, and it just never went away.
- I suck at small-talk. Like, it's horrible. Usually I just nod and look at the ground a lot. I have actually pretended to get a phone call on multiple occasions to get out of awkward conversations. My husband and I now have a signal to save each other when we see that the other one is engaged in horrible small talk. BUT once I know you, I'll talk to you forever and you'll probably be the one looking to get out of the conversation.
- Home decor (kitchen especially) is my absolute favorite. Home styling/decor posts/recipe posts are my favorite kinds to write. I couldn't care less if the rest of my house is dirty, but the kitchen has to be spotless and perfect, like always.
- Gettin' vulnerable for a second. I struggled with anorexia all through high school, and as much as I love food, I still occasionally struggle with those horrible thoughts. Thankfully, I have beautiful people surrounding me to constantly remind me that your true source of beauty is on the inside. P.S. if anyone is struggling with anything similar to this (or it doesn't even have to be), please reach out. I know how hard it is to talk about, promise.
- I have such a strong desire to be a mom. Like, I've always dreamed of being pregnant, as weird as that may sound. My hubs and I aren't quite ready to be parents yet, but it's definitely something we see in our future. For now, being puppy parents is plenty. ;)
- Biggest pet peeve: I absolutely cannot STAND people popping their toes, fingers, necks, backs, anything. It's gross. Don't do it.
Cort's wearing: shirt - H&M - shorts - Target - boots - Forever 21 - sunnies - Free People
[love Cort's ombre hair? check out how to do it yourself here! *p.s. it's the literally the easiest thing EVER*]
SOME THANGS ABOUT JENNA:
- I feel 100% naked and incomplete without my lipstick. It's an issue. If I'm not wearing lippy, I won't have a good day. Guaranteed. My lipstick collection is absolutely out of control.
- I hate any and all things even remotely spicy. Like one time Cortney was making us dinner and she was seasoning the chicken with regular black pepper and I made her stop. TOO SPICY.
- When at a restaurant, I drink my coffee with my left hand. I learned this from my Papa. Almost everyone else will drink from that same mug with their right hand...putting their mouths exactly where you do. #yuck
- Celebrity crushes: Chandler Bing, Paul Rudd, Gene Kelley, and Joseph Gordon Levitt in 500 Days of Summer only.
- I LOVE the oldies. Movies and music. I listen to Ella Fitzgerald every single morning. and Gene Kelley is the absolute MAN. There's something simpler about that time, and I wish I could've experienced it. Plus, the fashion was on point. ;)
- My biggest pet-peeve is people not having spacial awareness. Never walk three people wide on a sidewalk!! #cantgetby
- I am more of a homebody than anyone I know. I'm that girl that makes plans with the girls then is so happy when they get cancelled. Thankfully, Cortney gets me and is happy to stay in watching FRIENDS in our sweats with a glass of wine.
- I decided I wanted to be a dancer when I was like 5 years old. I honestly never considered any other profession. When I was a senior in high school, it dawned on me that I never considered anything else. I had a mild panic attack, then realized that that's actually 100% want I want to do. Still chasin' that dream, y'all! My dream job is to go on tour with Beyonce.
- I prefer my popcorn and oreos stale.
- I have approximately 37,927 passions: dance, photography, music, blogging, calligraphy, styling, painting, arts & crafts, crochet, writing poems/stories/songs, etc...the list goes on. I have a hard time staying focused on one thing. #squirrel
Jen's wearing: shirt - Free People - leggings - American Apparel - boots - Big Buddha - Flannel - H&M - sunnies - Cotton on
And there ya have it! Some random tidbits about the Whimsy grrrrlz. Leave a comment with something random about you!
Love & Quirks
Jen + Cort